Whether you have termites, cockroaches, ants or other household pests, the sooner you contact a pest control professional, the better your chances of preventing a serious infestation.
Pest control professionals, sometimes known as exterminators, are trained professionals who can rid your home of pest infestations.
To protect your home and family from pest threats, consider the following tips:
- A certified and licensed pest management company is the best way to solve your pest problem.
- Ask pest control companies if they are members of the National Pest Management Association and the South Carolina Pest Control Association. These organizations provide training, certification and standards for professionalism in the industry.
- Don't rush your decision. Look for someone whose judgment you can trust. Application of pesticides requires continuous training and skill. Choose a pest control professional with the right training for the job.
- Before signing a contract, ask the pest control professional to specify the household pest to be exterminated, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- In South Carolina, the Department of Pesticide Regulation regulates pest control companies. You can contact the Department of Pesticide Regulation for information regarding the status of any pest control company.